Tuesday, January 22, 2008

A Lot With A Little


I wanted it to look like she was in a tree house. Her drawers are under her bed.

We bought a memory foam mattress,

to fit into the space sense it was a little
bit shorter than a twin.


We have a small two bedroom home. Our boy's shared a room, but my little girl had no bedroom, other than ours. Down the hall was an area to put the washer and dryer. We moved my washer to my bathroom and my husband turned the washer area into a cosy little girls room. Everyone at first thought this was strange and small but it turned out great. Hear are some pictures. We put up curtains that can be closed for privacy.There are storage boxes on the shelf. I hope if you feel like you have no room, that this will encourage you to make due with what God has provided you and get creative.


This is a close up of the bird.

5 comments:

Grace said...

your daughter's new room is so adorable! I love how you decorated it. Did you paint the tree and the birds on the wall?

Under Southern Skies said...

It is so beautiful! I love the pink, and the pretty pictures you painted. You are so creative!

LEMONS TO LEMONADE said...

Thank you both. Yes I did paint the tree and the bird. I love to paint on the wall, I guess I still have a lot of kid in me.

A Heart of Praise said...

How lovely! What a neat idea to make it look like a tree house. I love the colors and that is a wonderful idea to have her drawers under the bed. Very pretty and creative!!! :)

Sara N. Smith said...

How absolutely beautiful!! Very lovely.
It reminds me of my room when I was a little girl - my mother and I stenciled a pink picket fence around the whole room along with birds, bird houses, flowers, etc. It made me feel so special as I'm sure your daughter feels!!