Sunday, December 20, 2009
I needed a card for a couple at church, that are getting married; I looked in the stores but with all the many cards out there, I could not find one. I decided to make my own. It was a lot of fun, but it did take a little time. I even made an envelope. For the art work I did pen and ink; it was very simple but it worked nicely. I used card stock and printed the poem on velum which I then glued to the card stock at the top. The drawing I glued to black card stock and some scrap book paper, which I had on hand. The black strip at the bottom is just a piece of card stock that I glued onto the velum.
For the envelope I used brown light weight packaging paper and lined it with hand made tissue paper. The tissue paper has pressed dried leaves in it; I found it at the Dollar Tree. The tissue paper also made the envelope sturdy. To make the envelope, I took a pre-made envelope apart to see how it was constructed; then I took measurements of my card and made a pattern to fit. I then glued it together along the sides. The flowers on the outside of the card are also made out of the same tissue paper and some seed beads. I also continued the same vine pattern from the card to the envelope.