Friday, April 11, 2008

Deer Trouble



My husband will be looking for a new car ( I'm sure I will help ). He hit a deer on the way to work yesterday morning. He said, "when I went around the corner there she was." Thank the Lord he was not hurt! We always buy used vehicles, so we only purchase liability insurance; thankfully, (we do not remember doing this) we purchased some extra car insurance that covers accidence do to animals. Well a deer is an animal, Odocoileus virginianus, head and body length, 4-6 ft., Habitat- forests, swamps, and adjacent brushy areas, in other words, beside paved country roads. Sadly his car is only worth about $600-$800. He really has gotten the goody out of it! Of course this is better than having nothing at all! We did just receive our tax money, Buy, Buy bathroom!


On a funny note, someone pulled up beside my husband ,in a truck, and ask him what he was going to do with the deer; not," are you ok, can we help you?" My husband traded the deer for the use of their cell phone. God is good and has cared for us thus far, and I know that,"all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to His purpose." Romans 8:28. Have a great day and watch out for the Odocoileus virginianus! (:

3 comments:

Under Southern Skies said...

Oh, that's to bad! There are a lot of deer alongside of the highways over here too. Just a few nights ago we seen about 15 of them right beside the road.

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry to hear about the accident but praise the Lord for His protection!

Unknown said...

I'm glad your husband wasn't hurt. Sorry about your car!