Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Cracked Tea Cups


I enjoy a good cup of hot tea. I have all kinds of tea cups. Some I have bought, others belonged to my grandmother and my mother. Over the years some of them have become cracked, chipped or brocken. I have never thrown them out, they mean to much to me. I do still use them, maybe not for tea, but in other ways. Some have candles in them, others have dried flowers; I have even put office items in some. As I was looking over my cracked and chipped cups this morning, God reminded me that my life has been like my tea cups. I have been brocken and cracked and if you look you can see marks from these cracks and bracks. I was thinking even though I have been cracked through the years God has never thrown me away, I mean to much to him. He uses me in other ways. Maybe not the way he would have, but he still uses me. God can use imperfect tea cups like you and I. God most often delights in choosing the most unlikely people to do his will in this world. I am sooooooo, very thankful God uses cracked and brocken tea cups, aren't you?


Isaiah 55:8-9


"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts."

2 comments:

Under Southern Skies said...

What a wonderful post, thanks so much for sharing, I really enjoyed reading it.

Beth said...

I am glad that he never throws us away because I have been broken many times. Thanks to my sister I can do this.

I like the name of your blog!